Monday, September 7, 2009

My First presentation-waiying














MY
First Muet Presentation.-by wAiying

I already done my MUET presentation but not so good.I’m tremendously panic when talking in front of people even though there are only my classmates. However after my presentation,I receive some praise from my friends and my MUET’s teacher Pn,Wardiah.This make me more reassurance.Following is some main point/gist of my presentation.



Genetically Modified Food(GMF)

What is GMFs?
Food that the basic constituents or genetic material (DNA) have been altered to provide certain benefits.
- Sometimes genes will be added to provide extra nutrients.
- Sometimes a gene may be removed to enchance other characteristics.



GMF can provide us Enormous Benefits.
-Variety new crops are produced.
-Make the food more nutrients and tastier.
- Increase the production of crops.
- Feed huge population in some country.
-Improve crop characteristics.
- Friendly to environment, last longer,less wastage.

Are GMF safe to eat??
Food produced through biotechnology do not present any health concerns. In fact,may be to alleviate food allergies. In Malaysia, Ministry of Health has prepared a draft Regulation.This draft requires that all GMF which are to be imported,prepared to sale must be approved by the Director General of Health.



GMF are appropriately labelled, customers can make decision based on :
- Moral concerns
- Religious
- Safety
- Ethical
- Environmental

Genetic modified play an very important role and bring us plenty of benefits.Thanks to genetic modified,many fields are well development.

During my presentation I also prepared some materials and hand out to them.They ask me why to do so?I tell them I concern my pronounciation was too bad until they do not understanding what I talking about.ha..ha..However I hope that my presentation will give some useful information to my friends and teacher.Virtually I tremendously enjoy to do presentation. I hope that I will do better next time.-waiying831

No comments:

Post a Comment