Thursday, July 2, 2009

A calamity - Rain By, chee kong

I was driving on the road under the coach of Uncle Ah Yik who was sitting beside me.It was already six o'clock and dark clouds of grotesque shapes were soon covered the sky.Soon,the wind started to howl with greater force and trees along the road were slamming their branches against each other.At this moment,I could notice that dry leaves were blew off and fluttering in the sky with high speed.The merciless wind kept blowing vigorously until trashes that usually hid behind the bushes came out and rolled here and there on the road.
Then,lightning cracked across the sky and a peal of thunder boomed in distance.Finally,it started raining cats and dogs.First in big,heavy drops,then in pouring sheets.I began to shudder in fear as I could not see clearly through the windscreen of the car and had to slow down the speed.Immediately,Uncle Ah Yik asked me to drive back to town and the car learning session had to be called off.Along the way,I could see some trees trunks trembled down and some notice boards were blew away too.I could not imagine how strong the wind blew,this made me went weak at my knees.
After that,we reached the town safely and get off from the car,straightly dashed into the corridor to have shelter.Suddenly,we were alarmed by a deafning cracking sound.I saw there were pieces of tiles that flew off from the roof and hit the car that I droved just now.Luckily,the tiles did not hit on the windsreen and there was just a small bent on its body.Then,Uncle Ah Yik droved away the car and I just could wait there until the heavy downpour to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment